Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gift Idea #1

My sisters and I created our own Sister Day years ago. It is always so much fun to be creative with their gifts. Last year, I made them some little birdie cards and titled the bundle, "a little birdie told me..." and on the back it said, "you are a great sister!".



I ordered some vintage bottle tops from this Etsy shop that I thought were perfect and super glued magnets to the back of them and there you have it...


Now of course there should be fun packaging to hold your cute magnets. Type up a name or personal message to the recipient on cardstock or even just regular ol' printer paper. Measure it against a sandwich baggie and cut it to the size you want. Cut off the top of the baggie and just staple your label to the bag. Simple as that. Now you have a fun and personal gift...


I always love to stamp the date of the special occasion on the back of my label for an added special touch. Love is in the details. Even if nobody else notices them, I know they are there and that is enough for me...


You could do the whole alphabet with scrabble tiles or letter stickers and gift them to a child that is learning their letters. You could spell out a friends name for their refrigerator. You could find bottle caps from their very favorite soda. Oh, and buttons make cute magnets too. And if you are feeling artsy, buy a set of mini wooden squares or circles from a craft store and design your own with numbers, letters, or pictures. The possibilities are endless with this gift and that is why I love it.

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

ificould July 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

Very cute idea. Love the bag topper with the date.

gina July 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

I love the idea of stamping the date - I am totally going to start doing that!

Amy July 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Love these ideas!!

Annie Louise July 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

What great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
Jeanette

Christi July 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

great idea! thank you for sharing!

The Polka Dot Closet July 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

How cute, I have always wished I had a sister! Just brothers, what a great gift!

Carol

Unknown July 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

my husband has been into drinking out of glass bottles lately. I've saved his caps because I wanted to make something with them but just didn't know what. I love your magnet idea! Thanks for sharing!

Ali's Creations August 21, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails